SYMPTOMS OF ATOPIC ECZEMA
- Eczema is also called Dermatitis sometimes which means inflammation of the skin.
- There are many types of eczema. The most common among them is Atopic Eczema . In this eczema there is atypical types of skin inflammation which causes the symptoms.
- Atopic Eczema is a chronic ,itchy ,inflamed skin condition that is very common in children but may occur at any age.
- It occurs in the people who have an “ Atopic Tendency” . This implies that they may develop any or all the three closely linked conditions :: Atopic Eczema , Asthma and Hay fever ( Allergic Rhinitis).
- Atopic eczema is not a communicable disease.
- Dry skin is the most common feature
- Red and inflamed skin on the affected area. The most common areas that are affected are next to skin creases, such as the front of elbows and wrists , back of knees and around the neck.
- The face is commonly affected in babies with atopic eczema.
- The inflamed skin is usually very itchy , scratching it a lot may cause thickened patches on skin.
- Blisters may form in some cases.
- Sometimes inflamed area of skin becomes infected.
- The inflamed areas of the skin tends to flare up from time to time and then tend to settle down.
- The severity and duration of flare ups varies from person to person and from time to time in the same person.
- In mild cases the flare up may cause just one or two small mild patches of inflammation, behind the knees in front of elbow and wrists.
- In severe cases the flare up can last several weeks or months and it covers many areas of the skin
CAUSE OF ATOPIC ECZEMA
The exact cause is not known. The lipid barrier (lipid are oily) of the skin tends to be reduced in the patients who have atopic dermatitis. The water loss becomes increases that cause the skin to dry. The cells of immune system releases the chemicals under the skin surface , which causes some inflammation. So it is related to immune system also.
Genetic factor plays an important role. We have seen clinically that the 8 from 10 children gets atopic eczema where both parents have this skin condition and in 6 children from 10 where one parent have this problem. The genetics has not been clear that which gene is responsible for this skin problem.
The pollutants, climate changes , household allergies , pollens , diet , infections are the factors which plays a important role in Atopic Eczema. No single cause may develop atopic eczema rather combination of factors are causing dryness of skin and the immune system to reacts which results in inflammation of the skin.
AYURVEDIC VIEW ON ATOPIC ECZEMA
In Ayurveda Atopic eczema is known as “Vicharchika”. This is caused by the faulty dietary habits and life style. Climatory factors , heat , dampness , severe cold , psychological stress may promote eczema. The local factors like dry skin , greasy skin , excessive sweating etc. may predispose to eczema.
Due to the above factors the Pitta Dosha ( Which represents Fire in Ayurvedic Texts) gets aggravated and it also vitiates the other dosha and dhatues – Blood and Skin (Rakt , mamsa and twacha ). Theses all conditions produces ama “ the toxin” which menifests in skin and it goes deep into the body tissues “dhatus” causing eczema.
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR ECZEMA
- From the above description we gets understand that it’s a diseases not only on the surface of skin but also deep in the tissues and cells of the body i.e. Dhatus and Doshas of the body are also involved in eczema .
- So Eczema is not EXTERNAL Feature . The “INTERNAL factors causes EXTERNAL manifestations. Only using the medicines locally only relieves the symptoms temporarily.
- To treat the root cause and to get rid from eczema , it needs a proper diagnosis at the “Dosha Dhatu” level and proper external and internal treatment.
- The only external use may cause eczema reappears, when we treat internally and externally it goes away permanently.
- The First line of treatment is to stop making the “ ama” or toxins which cause the disease.
- Improves the digestive power and corrects the Pitta disorder.
- Detoxification of the body is most important
- Detoxification clears the body from the disease causing factors. It can be achieved by Oral medicines or Panchakarma Therapies.
- Oral Herbal & Ayurvedic Blood Purifying medicines are very helpful to remove the impurities from the blood and it helps to purifies the blood.
- Ayurvedic Creams , lotions and oils are very helpful and having no side effect for long use to children ,adults or any gender.
- Snehan and swedana –external use of oil and induced sweating by application of heat is help in many cases.
- Internal Snehan , Abhyangam , Vaman , Virechana , Vasti , Siro Virechana and Rakt Mokshana are the different types of Panchakarma Procedures which cures the root cause of the eczema and it goes permanently in most of the cases.
If you have any query.
You may write us or contact us at -
+91-98033-56060, 98030-39369, 0181-2464111
email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org