ABOUT FUNGAL INFECTIONS
Fungal infections of the skin are also known as “mycoses”. This types of infections are caused by dermatophytes and yeasts, which are grups of fungi that are normally harmless. They are common and generally mild. When they grow excessively, they cause the symptoms of a fungal skin infection.
In a very sick patient and patient with immune system suppressed , fungi can sometimes cause serious illness.
Fungi are parasites or saprophytes , they live off living or dead organic matter. The method of reproduction is both sexual and asexual.
SUPERFICIAL FUNGAL INFECTIONS
Affects the outer layer of skin, nails and hairs.
- Tinea or Dermatophytes
- Candida , Yeast , Malassezia
SUBCUTANEOUS FUNGAL INFECTIONS
These infection involves the deeper layers of the skin ( Dermis , Subcutaneous tissue and sometimes bones also). The organism culprit for it normally in the soil living on rotting vegetation. It introduces in the body through injury and usually stay localized at the site of implantation.
Mycetoma and Chromoblastomycosis are comes under this category
SYSTEMIC FUNGAL INFECTIONS
Systemic Mycoses are may be due to the result from inhalation of the spores of fungi , which normally live in the soil or rotting vegetations. Sometimes in immune compromised patients.
Inhaled Fungal Infections
These are other systemic mycoses only infect those who are already very sick or with an immunodeficiency disorders.
- Organ Transplanted patients
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Massive dose of Antibiotics
- Infection with HIV ( Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
- Cancer , Neoplasm , Leukaemia.
- Serious Illness
- Drug Addiction
- Parenteral Nutrition
The Infections of Opportunistic are :
- Trichosporon beigelii
- Pesudallescheria boydii
- Cyclic Valvovaginitis
- Napkin Dermatitis
- Oral Thrust
- Paronychia –Nail Fold Infection
- Chronic mucocutaneous candidiasis
- Skin fold infections
- Valvovaginal thrust
- Pityriasis/Tinea Versicolor –PV
- Pityrosporum folliculitis
- Tinea barbae (Beard)
- Tinea capitis (scalp)
- Tinea Carporis (Body)
- Tinea ruris (Groin)
- Tinea faciei (Face)
- Tinea incognito (Steroid Treated)
- Tinea manuum (Hand)
- Tinea pedis (Foot)
- Tinea unguium (Nails)
- Majocchi granuloma
DEEP FUNGAL INFECTIONS
- Sporotrichoid spread
- Systemic Mycoses
OTHER FUNGAL INFECTIONS
- Mouth Infection
- Tinea nigra
- Athlete’s foot
- Cradal Cap
- Seborrhoeic dermatitis.
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR FUNGAL INFECTIONS
- Ayurveda have many herbs which acts on skin diseases and also very effective in fungal infections and they also helps to re-occurrence of the disease.
- Personal hygiene is other important factor to avoid infections like fungal
- Oral Ayurvedic Herbal medicines and Ayurvedic creams and lotions for local applications are very safe for all ages and immune compromised patients
- Ayurvedic shampoos for tinea infections are effective and harmless.
- Treatment lasts for Few weak to some Months .
- Nail fungus take long time than other fungus.
- Keep the affected skin clean and dry. Wash daily. Take care to dry between the toes and in the skin folds , use a hair dryer to dry it if you feel necessary.
- Use your own towel for bath every time and frequent wash it with hot water.
- Wash the cloths and bet sheets pillow covers frequently to remove fungi
- Bath towels hand towels and undergarments should be washed daily.
- During swimming , sauna and shower use clean flip-flops or plastic shoes.
- Wear cotton and loose fitting clothes to help moisture move away from your skin.
- Alternate pair of shoes should be used one another day so that shoes may dry.
- Usage of Soak pillow , hats , combs , scissors and other common things with caution.
- Hot wash of socks , bathmats and towels at the temp. at least 60C.
- Don’t walk barefoot in soil and other dirty areas.
- Regularly wash floors with antiseptic where you walk bare foot.
If you have any query.
You may write us or contact us at -
+91-98033-56060, 98030-39369, 0181-2464111
firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com