Psoraitic Arthritis is defined as a painful , inflammatory condition of the joints (arthritis) that usually occurs in association with psoriasis of the skin. Any joint can be affected with this pain. Small joints , large joints or the spine can get affected. Since in these cases , usually the rheumatoid factor teat is negative ,so the Psoriatic Arthritis is called sero-negative arthritis. Some of the patients (20 to 30%) suffering from psoriasis have some signs of psoriatic arthritis.
Psoriatic arthritis is an autoimmune disease and it affects the ligaments , tendons , fascia and joints. Symptoms of psoriatic arthritis come and go but it is lifelong condition. It may result in severe damage of the joints and can be as severe as Rheumatoid Arthritis. People with severe psoriatic arthritis have been reported to have a shorter lifespan than average. This correlates with the severity of the joint diases.
The patients who are suffering from psoriasis from several years suddenly develops acute joint pains and stiffness , these are the typical signs of Psoriatic Arthritis. Many patients develops arthritis after several years of sufferings from psoriasis but a few patients develop arthritis in the early stage of psoriasis.
Patients with extensive psoriasis have more chances of developing psoriatic arthritis. However mild cases od psoriasis may also presents with psoriatic arthritis. Not all the cases of psoriasis may get Psoriatic Arthritis.
Some patients may develop psoriatic arthritis even with a mild form of skin psoriasis. And a few patients can develop psoriatic arthritis in the absence of psoriasis on the skin. In most of the patients it is mild to moderate pain but some patients presents with severe pain, restriction of movements , difficulty in walking and disability. In the severe forms , one can see deformity and destruction in the joints.
Winter , stress , infections and worng dietary habits are likely to aggravate the condition. Flares and remission are the charater of Psoriatic Arthritis.
Psoriatic Arthritis belongs to a group of arthritic conditions called the spondyloarthropathies. These conditions included in this group have similar features and it includes
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Reactive Arthritis
- Enteropatic arthropathy
- Common Features of the above four conditions are
- Arthritis affecting joints of the arms and legs in an asymmetrical distribution.
- Arthritis of the spine , hips and shoulders.
- Negative rheumatoid factor
- Genetic susceptibility to the condition
- Distinctive features on X-Rays.
- Increased prevalence in males.
AYURVEDIC VIEW ON PSORIATIC ARTHRITIS
The pathology starts due to the formation of “ama” the toxin produced by the faulty digestion. Poor digestion forms immature “rasa” or chyle . This is the main culprit to develop any disease.
The cause of the every disease including Imuune System disorder like Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis according to Ayurveda is “AMA” the metabloic toxin comes from the unripe , not properly cooked , immature and undigested food. Due to the malfunctioning or low functioning of the Agni, the first dhatu- Rasa- is not properly formed. Instead the “ann-rasa” undergoes fermentation or putrefaction is remained in the amashaya. This state of rasa is called “AMA”.
The AMA is formed due to faulty jatharagni and the causes for the faulty Jatharangi are
Indigestion , irregular diet habits , Over eating , Abstience of food , Improper panchakarma procedures and sansarjana karma , suppression of urges , mental stress – sorrow , anger fear , worry , jeolousy , lust.
Ayurveda calls it AMA –VISHA means poison. The ama produces the similar affects like poison. In chronic ama formation it produces different types of diseases due to disturbance of Vata, Pitta and kapha. This is one of the major reason of Immune System Disorders.
When this ama goes to the Skin and joints it produces Skin diseases like psoriasis and in joints it causes Psoriatic arthritis.
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR PSORIASIS ::
Ayurvedic Medicines and Panchakarma treatments can successfully manage and treat The PSORIASIS and PSORIATIC ARTHRITIS. It is a deep rooted disease of tissues of the body (Sapt Dhatus). So local application oils is not only treatment, but internal cleansing is very important part of the treatment.
- First of all Improves and corrects the faulty digestive system to check the “ama” or toxin formation. So that the health “Rasa Dhatu “ gets formed.
- Removal of the already formed toxins from the body muscles , skin , joints and from circulatory system through oral Ayurvedic Medicines.
- Panchakarma Detoxification is very important for opening the “Strotas” , so that proper nutrition may reach to them.
- Panchakarma – “Virechana” and “Vamana” both are the detoxification process of the Panchakarma that are very effective in Psoriasis. The medicated ghee has to be consumed by the patient for 5 to 7 days which comes under Internal Snehan. After the internal snehan external snehan is done so that dosha gets melt and comes out form the body easliy. Then the pradhan karma are performed. Sansarjan Karma after detoxification is as important as the Pradhan Karma.
- Panchakarma Therapies for Rejuvenation are very helpful. Rasayana is health promoting and rejuvenates the whole physiology, producing resistance against disease both physically and mentally. If a person has a strong mind, even serious diseases can be faced by the physiology as minor diseases.
- Basties are very effective in those patients who doesn’t go for Vamana and Virechana . Medicated enemas or basties can be give to any person at any age.
- Oral Ayurvedic Herbal , Herbo-Mineral mixtures and Gold Preparations to enhance the Immunity.
- Ayurvedic medicines which acts on internal tissue and helps in providing proper nourishment to the “Sapta Dhatus”. This gradually improves the strength of internal tissue and skeleton.
- Ayurvedic Mixtures are also used to treat the skin , subcutaneous tissue , blood and blood vessels to reduce inflammation and it nourishes the skin and joints.
- There are many Ayurvedic medicines which are very helpful for the patients , but we have to decide the medicines and Panchakarma therapies according to Dosha , Dushya , Vay , Samarth , Aayu , so the choice of medicines are different for different patients.
- We have seen clinically that the treatment is required for long time to get good results. Patients go to the stage of remission of disease after proper treatment.
- Some of the patients feels some features when the physical and mental changes are there then the features of Arthritis may come to some patients with very less symptoms. The detoxification is done again and disease may go after that. Some patients needs regular detoxification for 3 to 5 years for the proper eradication of the Psoriasis and arthritis.
- A strict diet regieme has to be followed during the treatment and also after the treatment. Non veg diet , Yogurt , black gram , chillies and salted things have to be restricted. Use fresh friuts and vegetables and freezon food shouls be avoided as much as possible. Alcohol and narcotics in any form should be stopped.
- ADVANCED AYURVEDA SKIN TREATMENT CENTRE’S PSORIASIS ARTHRITIS KIT
If you have any query.
You may write us or contact us at –
Mobile: +91-98033-56060, 98030-39369, 0181-2464111
Email : email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org