Infantile acne generally affects the cheeks , forehead and chin of the children aged from two to six months and may persists until three to four years aged.
Infantile acne is characterized by development of comedones (Whiteheads or Blackheads) and inflammatory papules and pustules . Rarely it is nodules and cyst which may results in scarring.
CAUSES OF INFANTILE ACNE
The etiology is still not clearly known. It may be genetic origin. The excessive testosterone or other androgenic hormones are the usually main cause of this infantile acne.
Acne are rare in this age but the higher levels of androgens is expected in these types of children , the features that suggests higher level of androgens are
- Excessive body hairs
- Body odour
- Genital and breast development
- Abnormal growth
Hormonal abnormalities in the children with acne may be associated with the following conditions::
- Precocious Puberty
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia
- Cushing’s syndrome
- 21- Hydroxylase deficiency
- Androgen Secreting tumours
- Premature adrenatche ( Early Puberty)
TESTS FOR INFANTILE ACNE
In most of the cases there is no need of investigations. In the older children if there are any other signs of hormonal changes then go for following
- DHEAS , Testosterone , 17- Hydroxyprogesterone, LH , FSH , Prolactin
- X- Ray – Bone age Measurement.
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR INFANTILE ACNE
The Ayurveda is the safest method of treatment for All Skin Diseases of Infantile , Children and Adults of all ages.
- Topical Herbal creams and gels are used for infantile acne
- Ayurvedic Drops containing blood purifying herbs which acts as antibiotics
- Herbal Soaps are safe to use
- Ayurvedic Syrups and Tablets for the All Types of Acne in children
- In case of Hormonal imbalance Panchakarma Therapies are very effective in some of the cases.
- Ayurvedic Dietary regimes for infants and children may protect from skin problems.
If you have any query.
You may write us or contact us at –
Mobile: +91-98033-56060, 98030-39369, 0181-2464111
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com