Skin Problems in Children
- Eczema is also called Dermatitis sometimes which means inflammation of the skin.
- There are many types of eczema. The most common among them is Atopic Eczema . In this eczema there is atypical types of skin inflammation which causes the symptoms
- Atopic Eczema is a chronic ,itchy ,inflamed skin condition that is very common in children but may occur at any age.
- It occurs in the people who have an “ Atopic Tendency” . This implies that they may develop any or all the three closely linked conditions :: Atopic Eczema , Asthma and Hay fever ( Allergic Rhinitis)
- Atopic eczema is not a communicable disease.
This is a kind of fungal infection also called yeast infection affecting the diaper area. It is almost always the result of irritation and maceration from urine and moisture under the diapers. Such a situation’ allows the fungus to overgrow.
It is caused by overgrowth of yeast called candida albicans. But certain medicines and health problems may cause yeast to grow , particularly in warm , moist an damp areas of body. This is usually uncomfortable and sometimes causes dangerous symptoms.
ECZEMA AND DERMATITIS
Eczema or Dermatitis is a group of skin conditions, which can affect all age groups. Eczema is one of the commonest reasons for dry, sensitive skin, taking its name from the Greek word ECZEMA, meaning to boil. The severity of the disease may vary person to person. This is an apt description of the inflamed rash, which is often accompanied by an intense itching, which makes scratching almost inevitable. One person in ten has eczema at some time in their life, and it affects all age groups. The general predisposing causes are –age , allergy , family history, climate and psychological factors.
Fungal infections of the skin are also known as “mycoses”. This types of infections are caused by dermatophytes and yeasts, which are grups of fungi that are normally harmless. They are common and generally mild. When they grow excessively, they cause the symptoms of a fungal skin infection.
In a very sick patient and patient with immune system suppressed , fungi can sometimes cause serious illness.
Fungi are parasites or saprophytes , they live off living or dead organic matter. The method of reproduction is both sexual and asexual.
Ichthyosis is a genetic skin disorder characterised by persistently dry , thickened , rough , fish scale. The prefix “Ichthy” is taken from the Greek root for the word fish. There are at least 20 varieties of ichthyosis , including inhereted and aquired forms.
Ichthyosis affects people of all ages , races and gender. The disease usually presents at birth or whitin the first year and it continues to affect the patient throughout the lifetime.
Impetigo is a bacterial infection of the skin. Most often it affects the infants and children and is highly contagious. It is often called “School Sores”. It usually appears as red sores on the face , especially around the nose and mouth of a child.
Infantile acne generally affects the cheeks , forehead and chin of the children aged from two to six months and may persists until three to four years aged.
Infantile acne is characterized by development of comedones (Whiteheads or Blackheads) and inflammatory papules and pustules . Rarely it is nodules and cyst which may results in scarring.
Insects bite and the associated hypersenstivity reactions is known as papular urticaria. It is more common in children than in adults. Unfortunately the children that affected by this are usually misdiagnosed and they underwent unnecessary investigations.
It is not a true urticaria in which temperory wheals are made and they resolves within hours. Rather the papular urticaria are the bumps of red colour around .2 to 2 cm in diameter that appears during summer and rainy season. Sometimes the spots gets infected with fluid and pus are filled within sac.
They are mostly on the legs , forarms , face , neck i.e. on the uncovered areas of the body. The spots remains there for few days to few weeks and may leave the persistent marks or scars , especially if they have been scrached deeply.
Pityriasis alba is a common skin condition which affects children and ocassionally young adults.
P. Alba is a nonspecific skin disorder presented with several round or oval erythematous scaly patches , leaves the areas of hypopigmentation that slowely resolves.
The triggering factors are
Humid climate , heat , soaps , dry skin , deficiency of vitamins and calcium , stress , worms and parasites.
Scabies is an itchy rashes on the skin and highly contagious skin condition caused by a little mite that burrows in the skin surface. The human scabies mite’s scientific name is Sarcoptes scabiei.
Seborrhoeic Dermatitis usually looks like psoriasis , eczema or skin allergy. It is common , harmless , scaling rash affecting the face , scalp and other areas. Despite its appearance this skin condition is not caused by poor hygeine. The rashes are reddish in color , Swollen and greasy appearance , White or yellowish crust scale on the surface.
Dandruff – It is also called pityriasis capitis , this is the uninflamed form of seborrhoeic dermatitis . Dandruff presents as scal patches scattered within hair bearing areas of the scalp.
Cradle Cap– A type of seborrheic dermatitis in infants. The scaly gresy patches from on the baby’s scalp. The patches may become thick and crusty .
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR SKIN PROBLEMS OF CHILDREN
- To treat the root cause and to get rid from Skin problems , it needs a proper diagnosis at the “Dosha Dhatu” level and proper external and internal treatment.
- The only external use may cause reappears of skin disease, when we treat internally and externally it goes away permanently.
- The First line of treatment is to stop making the “ ama” or toxins which cause the disease.
- Improves the digestive power and corrects the Pitta disorder.
- Detoxification of the body is most important
- Detoxification clears the body from the disease causing factors. It can be achieved by Oral medicines or Panchakarma Therapies is needed in some cases.
- Oral Herbal & Ayurvedic Blood Purifying medicines are very helpful to remove the impurities from the blood and it helps to purifies the blood.
- Ayurvedic Creams , lotions and oils are very helpful and having no side effect for long use to children ,adults or any gender.
- Snehan and swedana –external use of oil and induced sweating by application of heat is help in many cases.
If you have any query.
You may write us or contact us at –
Mobile: +91-98033-56060, 98030-39369, 0181-2464111
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com