Lichen Simplex Chronicus
Lichen Simplex Chronicus is an itchy skin condition causing thickened skin at the area of the skin injured by repeated scratching and rubbing. This scratching causes characteristic changes such as thickening and darkening of the skin. These changes are called lichenification. It is actually more of a symptom than specific disease itself. Lichen Simplex Chronicus is also known as Neudoderma Circumscripta. It is seen in people with eczema. Although the eczema can affect the whole body the eruptions of LSC are found in one area. The nerve ending of this area are irritable and trigger itch – scratch-itch cycle. The more the eruptions is scratched or rubbed the more it itches and the circle continues.
Areas more affected with LSC
- Wrists and ankles
- Outer lower portion of lower legs
- Back and side of the neck
- Forearm portion of elbow
- Scrotum , Vulva , anal area , pubis.
- Opening of ear
- Fold behind the ear
AYURVEDIC VIEW OF LSC
In Ayurveda LSC is known as “Vicharchika”. This is caused by the faulty dietary habits and life style. Climatory factors , heat , dampness , severe cold , psychological stress may promote LSC. The local factors like dry skin , greasy skin , excessive sweating etc. may predispose to LSC.
Due to the above factors the Pitta Dosha ( Which represents Fire in Ayurvedic Texts) gets aggravated and it also vitiates the other dosha and dhatues – Blood and Skin (Rakt , mamsa and twacha ). Theses all conditions produces ama “ the toxin” which manifests in skin and it goes deep into the body tissues “dhatus” causing LSC.
The broad categorize of LSC are :
Three Type of LSC are ::
If one can broadly categorize eczema or vicharchika, into three types, Vata, Pitta and Kapha, then herbal and dietary treatment is fairly straight forward and it is my experience that it generally works well. It is not hard to see how most skin problems fall easily into these categories:
Vata type: The skin tends to be rough, dry, hard, itchy and scaly. There may be associated constipation, wind and distension, anxiety and insomnia. The skin is aggravated by cold, wind, dryness and stress and relieved by the application of oils, especially sesame.
Pitta type: The skin is hot and inflamed; it is aggravated by heat and heating foods, exposure to the sun and application of most oils, reflecting a state of heat and toxicity in the body. There tends to be burning, redness, oozing, swelling and infection which can be associated with fever, irritability and feeling of heat.
Kapha type: Kapha skin problems are often accompanied by mucous congestion, lethargy and sluggish metabolism. The skin tends to be cold, clammy, sticky, oozing, swollen and itchy, with a pale
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR LSC
- From the above description we gets understand that it’s a diseases not only on the surface of skin but also deep in the tissues and cells of the body i.e. Dhatus and Doshas of the body are also involved in LSC .
- So LSC is not EXTERNAL Feature . The “INTERNAL factors causes EXTERNAL manifestations. Only using the medicines locally only relieves the symptoms temporarily.
- To treat the root cause and to get rid from LSC , it needs a proper diagnosis at the “Dosha Dhatu” level and proper external and internal treatment.
- The only external use may cause LSC reappears, when we treat internally and externally it goes away permanently.
- The First line of treatment is to stop making the “ ama” or toxins which cause the disease.
- Improves the digestive power and corrects the Pitta disorder.
- Detoxification of the body is most important
- Detoxification clears the body from the disease causing factors. It can be achieved by Oral medicines or Panchakarma Therapies.
- Oral Herbal & Ayurvedic Blood Purifying medicines are very helpful to remove the impurities from the blood and it helps to purifies the blood.
- Snehan and swedana –external use of oil and induced sweating by application of heat is help in many cases.
- Internal Snehan , Abhyangam , Vaman , Virechana , Vasti , Siro Virechana and Rakt Mokshana are the different types of Panchakarma Procedures which cures the root cause of the LSC and it goes permanently in most of the cases.
We are specialist in treating Skin Diseases with Ayurvedic Medicines. If you are suffering from Lichen Disorders like Lichen Planus, Oral Lichen, Lichen Simplex Chronicus, LSC, Lichen Planus Pigmentosus, LPP, Scalp Lichen, Lichen Sclerosis then Contact Dr. Amit Dutta at Ayur Sudha Ayurvedic Treatment Centre in Jalandhar, Punjab, India.
If you have any query.
You may write us or contact us at –
AYUR-SUDHA – Ayurvedic Treatment Centre
Mobile: +91-98033-56060, 98030-39369, 0181-2464111
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com