This is a kind of fungal infection also called yeast infection affecting the diaper area. It is almost always the result of irritation and maceration from urine and moisture under the diapers. Such a situation’ allows the fungus to overgrow.
It is caused by overgrowth of yeast called candida albicans. But certain medicines and health problems may cause yeast to grow , particularly in warm , moist an damp areas of body. This is usually uncomfortable and sometimes causes dangerous symptoms.
The area effected by the Candida are different so symptoms devolpes according to area.
Oral Candida ( Thrust)
A yeast infection of the mouth and throat area is called Thrust. Healthy persons don’t usually get thrust. It is most often seen in
- Elderly Persons
- Patients on chemotherapy
- Patients with AIDS or other conditions that weakens Immune System
- Patients of Disbetes
- Patients taking Antibiotics
- Patients taking Asthma Inhalers with steroid therapy
Common Symptoms :
- White spots inside the mouth and tongue
- Redness and discomfort in mouth area
- Sore throat and difficulty in the mouth area
- Cracking at corners of the mouth where lips meet
In Children :
Redness, swelling, small red lumps with pus and oozing can be seen around the groins, anus, upper thighs and buttocks.
Vaginal Yeast Infections are common in women
Common Symptoms includes
- Extreme itching in vaginal area
- Soreness and redness
- White , Clumpy vaginal discharge that looks like cottage cheese
- Painful intercourse
Genital Candida in Men
This infection is more likely in men who are not circumcised
- Red rash on penis
- Itching and burning on the tip of penis
- Pain during intercourse
- Sometimes ooze from lesions
Consult your doctor.
For Children ::
Proper skin care of the nappy area like keeping dry is important for prevention.
The liberal use of powders should be discouraged
For Adults ::
It is very important to get treated for a genital candida infection. You may pass this infection to your sexual partner.